So it makes me decide to tweet in English too.
There are some reason to use English.
- I'm recently working and collaborating with Vietnamese developer, communicating in English.
- There are growing opportunities to read technological documents written in English.
So, these are forcing me to use English
But I have not used English often these days, I decided to read the book named 'Todai Eitan' published by the university of Tokyo.
『東大英単』 written and edited by Masako Notoro, Blendan Willson, Shiro Yamamoto, Tom Garry, Shoichiro Kawai, Shuichi Watabe.
In the first chapter of this book, I found the word 'civilization'.
The word 'civilization' means "a state of advanced learning, technology, or social organization/ a society possessing the same"
And there are some examples.
- Colonialists often see themselves as bringing civilization to less fortunate peoples.
- The society which produced the pyramids certainly deserves to be called civilization.
To translate these sentences into Japanese, it may be like these.
This translation is not perfect...
But these sentences have much more explanation for other idioms.
The first example
There are two cool expression.
- one sees him as X
- bringing something to someone
The second example
- Hakuho deserves to be called real Yokozuna.
So this book has a worth reading.
To learn one word with some other idioms.
Hey! Why don't you read this book?